Licensed since 1992, Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. works as manicurist and owner of Precision Nails, an exclusive employee-based salon in Carmel, California. Beyond the salon, she advocates for the beauty industry, co-hosts the Outgrowth: A Slice of Pro Beauty podcast, consults with salon owners, mentors educators, organizes events, writes savvy articles and advises California’s Board of Barbering and Cosmetology as an expert witness.
Doctor of Philosophy, Education • University of California at Davis (1996)
Professional Clear Multiple Subject Credential • California State University at Fresno (1991)
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature with History Minor • University of California at Davis (1989)
- Advise BBC as Expert Consultant on consumer harm cases (since 2008)
- Actively participate in BBC meetings (more than 75 since 2006)
- Named to BBC’s Health and Safety Advisory Committee (2019-2022), Manicurist Occupational Analysis (2020), Manicuring Technical Advisory Committee (2011), Booth Rental Work Group (2010), National Examination Review Workshop (2007), Industry Advisory Committee (2006), Manicuring Curriculum Review Task Force (2006) and Nail Care Textbook Review (1999)
- Present more classes at major beauty shows than any other nail educator
- Direct competitions for Nailpro Master Challenge (since 2021)
- Write feature articles for Nailpro, Beauty Launchpad, Beauty Cast Network and more
- Co-host the Outgrowth: A Slice of Pro Beauty podcast (since 2020)
- Awarded Golden Gate Partnership Recognition by Cal/OSHA (2015)
- Edited The Beauty Industry Survival Guide written by Tina Alberino (2014)
- Introduced waterless spa pedicures, saving hundreds of thousands of gallons of water (2005)
outgrowth: a slice of pro beauty podcast
Through meaningful discussion and revealing interviews, Outgrowth: A Slice of Pro Beauty offers accurate information, valuable resources and critical perspective on salon ownership, management, marketing, finances, products, services, best practices and more. Co-hosts celebrity manicurist Ashley Gregory Hackett and expert educator Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. explore the issues relevant to our industry with a sense of humor and a common sense approach to advocacy and compliance. Engaging a broad audience, Outgrowth delivers relatable business advice and effective strategies ideal for hair stylists, nail techs, estheticians, barbers, makeup artists, and salon and spa owners. Let’s grow together!
compliance & best practices
Protect your clients, your coworkers, your business and yourself by complying with the laws and regulations relevant to our industry. For example, understanding what your state board requires for cleaning your tools.