Precision Nails Classes Presented by Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D.
What does your salon brochure say about you? Learn how an effective brochure communicates the value of your services so you can spend more time doing and less time explaining.
- Promote your most profitable services with enticing descriptions.
- Include salon policies to reinforce good client behavior.
- Adapt the content of your brochure to your online presence.
Competitive Pricing for Salon Success
As more salons open, average service prices drop. How can you compete and cover your costs? Learn how successful salons thrive, not just survive, based on competitive pricing of quality services.
- Determine the impact of your costs on service pricing.
- Implement a reasonable pricing structure that compensates you more.
- Use your pricing as a marketing tool to attract clients.
Want to advance your career as an educator? Establishing yourself involves much more than demonstrating superior technical skills. Expert educator Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. gives advice for becoming the best you can be.
- Learn the respective roles and best practices of educator and student.
- Improve your communication skills with proven strategies.
- Promote yourself through manufacturers, major trade shows and more.
French-style Gel Enhancements
Classic pink and white enhancements will always be in demand. Learn the Precision Nails method of gel application which saves time, labor and money by simplifying the process, regardless of which brand you prefer.
- Sculpt “tips” for the most natural-looking enhancements.
- Perfect your smile lines with minimal effort.
- Reduce your application and maintenance time to an hour or less.
Market Your Salon through Giving
Traditional and online marketing have varying costs and benefits, but neither impacts your target audience more directly than giving. Investing in your own community can be more affordable and rewarding if you know how to give.
- Support organizations and other businesses with a local presence.
- Donate proactively and avoid unwelcome solicitations.
- Increase your salon’s visibility and target potential clients.
Massage for Manicurists
Massage should be the best part of your natural nail services, but it’s often the most neglected. Make yours more enjoyable and memorable with techniques that don’t require any specialized knowledge, expensive training or additional equipment, just your capable hands.
- Develop a unique routine to impress your clients.
- Protect your body with proper positioning and movement.
- Work with products that you can also retail.
Nail Salon Safety
In our competitive industry, protecting the safety of professionals and clients has become a controversial topic. Evaluate how well your salon complies with state board, OSHA, FDA and other regulatory agencies. Now, more than ever, your commitment to being safe and clean will make your salon shine!
- Understand the risks of chemical exposure and other salon hazards.
- Protect your business from complaints, fines and lawsuits.
- Develop safer and more effective alternatives to standard beauty practices.
Waterless Spa Pedicures
Give your clients a pedicure experience that’s both effective and efficient without soaking. Learn how to provide extraordinary spa pedicures while avoiding expensive equipment and wasted resources (water, labor, etc.).
- Work cleaner, greener and smarter than your competition.
- Save time and reduce costs to make more money.
- Attract more clients with the safest and best pedicure possible.
Nail Tech Reality Check Classes Presented with Tina Alberino
Know Your Numbers: Simple Math for Nail Salon Owners
Math may not be your favorite subject, but you cannot succeed as a nail salon owner without it. From product costs and service pricing to compensation and taxes, your numbers are even more important than your artistry, technical skills or customer service.
- Learn how to calculate the numbers that have the greatest impact on salon success.
- Translate your numbers into actionable strategies.
- Adjust your expectations and adapt to the realities of your business.
Microsalon 101: Basics and Beyond
Solo salon ownership requires just as much planning, research and organization as traditional salon ownership. Discover what you need to know before you leap into entrepreneurship.
- Create a comprehensive business plan.
- Read and negotiate commercial leases.
- Establish service prices and much more!
Salon Fail! The 15 Worst Business Practices Exposed
Whether you’re excited to open a new salon or desperate to improve an existing one, understand which business practices are more likely to cause your salon to fail than succeed. In this no-nonsense, no sales pitch workshop, experts Tina Alberino and Jaime Schrabeck expose the flaws in the most common business advice while guiding you through the major pitfalls of salon ownership: staffing and compensation, state board compliance, service pricing, marketing, client relations and more.
- Learn practical strategies and how to implement them immediately.
- Protect your investment against costly violations of federal and state laws.
- Become an exemplary salon owner, one who’s legal, ethical and profitable.
Expand Your Business
Prepare yourself for one of the biggest challenges in the beauty industry: being a competent boss. With the guidance of Tina Alberino and Jaime Schrabeck, this preparation ensures that you understand your rights and responsibilities before developing a plan to recruit and train new employees.
- Calculate a fair, profitable compensation plan that complies with tax and labor laws.
- Provide training and incentives that keep your staff motivated and educated.
- Identify and handle problem employees.
Reputation is Everything
Managing your online reputation may not be a priority, but it should be for every salon professional and business owner. In this workshop, Jaime Schrabeck and Tina Alberino deliver the tools you need to market your business online, impress potential clients and connect with existing ones.
- Discover the most productive ways to spend your time online.
- Communicate your content and opinions in an effective and appealing manner.
- Respond to online reviews with professionalism and grace.
Celebrating more than 25 years in the nail industry, Jaime Schrabeck, Ph.D. works as a licensed manicurist and owner of Precision Nails, an exclusive nails-only salon in Carmel, California. Beyond the salon, she collaborates with Tina Alberino on Nail Tech Reality Check, directs international competitions, teaches classes, writes savvy articles, consults with manufacturers and other salon owners/manicurists and advises California’s Board of Barbering and Cosmetology.